2018 Honda Pilot Safety Features
Active and Passive Standard Safety Features
A wide variety of active and passive safety features comes equipped on all five of the Honda Pilot’s available trim levels. Even those drivers who don’t opt for advanced upgrades will enjoy superior protection.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: Guidelines come standard with the Pilot’s multi-angle rearview camera system, now standard on every trim level. On EX models and up, you’ll receive the even-more-useful dynamic guidelines instead.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: VSA with traction control enhances the Pilot’s stability by shifting drivetrain power to the wheels that have the most traction. You’re sure to notice a difference even when road conditions are friendly.
- Daytime Running Lights: Adequate visibility is your first line of defense against collisions. Daytime running lights can significantly improve visibility, even when it’s bright outside. In the EX trim level and above, the Pilot comes standard with LED daytime running lights instead.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering: The Pilot’s frame has been designed with ACE body structure, which means that it’s able to direct the most dangerous forces away from seated passengers.
Honda Sensing Technologies
With the Honda Sensing safety package, you’ll be able to spend more of your time and energy enjoying the little things! The features collected here use the power of artificial intelligence to keep you and your passengers out of harm’s way. This package is available as an upgrade on EX and EX-L models, and comes standard on the Touring and Elite trim levels.
- Lane Security: The Honda Sensing suite includes a Lane Departure Warning, a Road Departure Mitigation System, and a Lane Keeping Assist System. Together, these systems can alert you if you’re at risk of leaving your lane and make automatic adjustments to your steering in order to keep you centered.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: The Honda Sensing package’s Forward Collision Warning will flash and beep when it senses that you’re in danger of colliding with an object in your path. In the event of an emergency, the accompanying Collision Mitigation Braking System can engage the brakes to help avoid an accident.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: This technology greatly enhances the utility of cruise control by adjusting your speed in relation to traffic. Simply set your preferred speed and following distance and let ACC keep you naturally within the flow of traffic.
It’s easy to stay aware of your surroundings when you put the Honda Pilot’s driver-assist features to work for you.
- Automatic High-Beam Headlights: These advanced headlights can help you maximize your visibility at night. They turn on and off automatically, and their high-beam setting even responds to the presence of oncoming traffic! They’re standard on the Pilot’s Elite trim.
- Blind Spot Monitoring System: The Honda Pilot’s Elite trim level comes equipped with a blind spot monitoring system and a rear cross traffic monitor. Together, they use audiovisual signals to alert you to the presence of other drivers.
- Honda LaneWatch: This system comes standard in the Pilot’s EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite trim levels. When you activate your righthand turn signal, you’ll be able to view live video of your blind spot, projected from a small sideview-mirror-mounted camera.
Go for a Test Drive!
Now that you’ve seen what the 2018 Honda Pilot’s safety features can do, we’re sure that you’re eager to take it for a test drive! Drivers in the Wisconsin Heartland can get behind the wheel today simply by getting in touch with one of our easy-to-reach Wisconsin Heartland Honda Dealers. Visit us today to take advantage of our exciting current offers and opportunities.