Get Ready for Fun on the Road Thanks to the 2018 Honda Odyssey’s Technology Features!
All the Tech Your Heart Desires
A minivan should always be kid-friendly, and the Odyssey certainly is! A Car and Driver reviewer tested out the new Odyssey with his own kids in tow, and the results were very favorable when it comes to the Odyssey’s new tech and infotainment features.
The 2018 Odyssey’s offerings include some brand-new amenities that are specifically tailored to suit families with young children, including:
- CabinTalk: The Odyssey’s available new CabinTalk in-car PA system lets the driver speak directly to any passengers riding in the rear seats without having to turn around or shout, and the system even conveys the message through the backseat riders’ headphones and mutes movies playing on the Odyssey’s entertainment system.
- CabinWatch: Another new amenity offered for the Odyssey is the available CabinWatch system, which lets drivers safely and easily keep an eye on passengers riding in back. The system employs a camera to display rear-seat images to the driver, and there is even a night vision feature so drivers can watch the rear area during nighttime driving.
- Navigation System: The Odyssey also features an available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System that assists drivers in finding their destinations when they’re on the road. Features of this system include HD digital traffic, a lane guidance split screen for exits and road signs, predictive local search, 3D renderings of buildings and terrain, and more.
- Hands-Free Convenience: A variety of high-tech amenities provide drivers with hands-free access to smartphone functions inside the Odyssey, letting them stay connected safely while behind the wheel. These features include standard Bluetooth connectivity, a standard SMS text message function, available Android Auto, and available Apple CarPlay.
- Wireless Charging: Another handy feature for cell phones is the available wireless phone charger. A conveniently located charging station lets drivers and passengers eliminate the clutter of multiple adapters and cords and simply charge their phones wirelessly—no cords needed!
- Smart Entry: All but the Odyssey base model feature standard Smart Entry with Walkaway, which allows drivers to unlock, enter, and then relock the Odyssey without removing the key fob from pockets or purses. The fob simply needs to be in range and the system does the rest. The doors additionally relock automatically when the driver exits the vehicle and walks away.
- HomeLink: The three highest trim levels in the Odyssey lineup include a HomeLink remote system, which allows vehicle occupants to control functions around their homes without getting outside of the Odyssey. HomeLink can control various in-home systems, including security systems, lighting systems, and garage doors.
- Auto Tailgate: The top three Odyssey trims additionally feature a power tailgate with programmable height that instantly opens and closes with just a button touch. Onboard the Touring and Elite models, there is the addition of a hands-free feature, which lets drivers gain easy access to the cargo area with just a wave of their foot beneath the bumper.
Typically, minivan owners will have kids in the vehicle at least part of the time—and when kids are in the car, chaos can quickly ensue. Fortunately, the 2018 Honda Odyssey comes equipped with a variety of prime features to help keep children entertained—and they’ll keep adult passengers smiling, too!
A brand-new amenity offered for the Odyssey is its available mobile hotspot capability, which turns the minivan into a moving Internet hotspot. Kids can connect their tablets and other wireless devices and stay well occupied for the long haul—no more choruses of “Are we there yet?” to drive parents crazy.
An available advanced rear entertainment system with Blu-ray, DVD, and CD compatibility and built-in streaming apps is also the perfect solution for child boredom on long car trips, letting kids tune into their favorite programming while the miles melt away.
In-vehicle listening is enhanced by standard features like Bluetooth streaming audio, an MP3/auxiliary input jack, and a radio data system. For the higher trim levels, audio features include a Display Audio touchscreen, multi-zone audio, HD radio, and SiriusXM radio.
Climb Aboard Today!
Stop by your nearest Wisconsin Heartland Honda Dealers location today to check out the new Odyssey and take it for a test drive. Our friendly team members can also assist you in applying for financing and set you up with a terrific deal on the outstanding Odyssey!