Technology Features of the 2018 Honda CR-V
Convenience and Connectivity Technologies
The technologies in the 2018 Honda CR-V help to make your time on the road just a little bit easier! Whether you’re loading up the cargo bay for a road trip or running late for a morning meeting, you’re sure to appreciate what the CR-V brings to the table.
- Smart Entry with Walk-Away Auto Lock: When you upgrade to the CR-V’s EX trim or higher, your vehicle will come standard with Smart Entry and Walk-Away Auto Lock technology. Both function automatically when you have your key fob on your person, so no need to fumble for your keys.
- Programmable Power Tailgate: In the CR-V EX-L, your tailgate can be opened with your key fob and programmed to rise to a specific height. In Touring models, hands-free access technology also comes standard.
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System: HD Digital Traffic, HD Radio, and voice-recognition technology all come standard with this Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System. The latter also provides turn-by-turn directions and optional 3D rendering.
High-End Entertainment Features
The Honda CR-V may be known primarily as a utility vehicle, but that doesn’t mean you have to settle for lackluster entertainment features in your family’s car! You can enjoy superior audio quality and heightened control over your favorite features when you explore the CR-V’s technology features.
- 7-Inch Display Audio Touchscreen: Where LX models include a 5-inch color LCD screen, EX models and up provide a high-resolution 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen interface. With your Display Audio system, you’ll be able to centralize the controls for your favorite CR-V technology features.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto: Linking a compatible smartphone’s music library to your vehicle’s audio interface has never been easier. With Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, you’ll be able to access all your favorite music using nothing but the buttons on your central console.
- Premium Audio System: The most powerful entertainment suite available in the CR-V is a 330-watt Premium Audio System with nine speakers, including a subwoofer. This system replaces the 180-watt eight-speaker audio setup that can be found in the EX-L.
Safety Features You Can Depend On
Drivers who purchase vehicles in the SUV segment often consider standard safety features a key factor in their decision. In the CR-V, you’ll receive intelligent driver-assistance features layered over an exceptionally stable frame.
- Honda Sensing: Honda Sensing comes standard on the EX trim and up! This package includes a Forward Collision Warning, a Lane Departure Warning, a Lane Keeping Assist System, a Road Departure Mitigation System, a Collision Mitigation Braking System, and Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow.
- Blind Spot Monitoring System: With this feature equipped, your CR-V will help you keep an eye on the vehicles in your immediate vicinity. A small visual indicator on your sideview mirror lights up whenever another vehicle is in your blind spot, and if you activate your turn signal when the indicator is active, the system will beep to alert you to the danger.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering: ACE body structure allows the CR-V to stand up to the toughest crashes. ACE consists of a combination of ultra-rigid and collapsible frame materials that distribute collision forces away from passengers.