The 2018 Honda Accord Safety
Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure
The Accord has a deep commitment to safety that is demonstrated directly into its fabric of design. Honda’s innovative Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure utilizes a complex network of frame structures to absorb crash energy and distribute it away from the occupants inside. It also minimizes the amount of force transferred to the other vehicle involved, keeping everyone on the road safer.
Airbags, Seat Belts, and Other Passive Safety
Passive safety features may go unnoticed at first glance, but they’re invaluable when you need them most.
- Advanced Front Airbags
- SmartVent Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Knee Airbags
- 3-point Seat Belts at All Seating Positions
- Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat Belt Reminder
- Child-Proof Rear Door Locks
The Accord sets a high bar for standard safety with a list of active features that help the Accord keep good, tractive control with the road, come to a complete stop more safely and quickly in an emergency braking situation, ensure the Accord is clearly visible to other drivers on the road, and more.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- LED Daytime Running Lights
Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
Every model of the Accord comes equipped with a multi-angle rearview camera that allows drivers to check their surroundings before backing up. And with dynamic guidelines to help direct drivers and judge distances, the Accord can maneuver in and out of tight spaces much more easily. The camera includes three different angles, each especially helpful in different driving situations:
- Normal View – Check for a clear path behind the Accord before reversing.
- Wide View – Drivers can check for approaching vehicles or pedestrians who may be nearing the rear of the Accord.
- Top-Down View – Optimal view when parallel parking.
Honda Sensing is a suite of driver-assistance technology that comes standard on every model of the Accord. The package helps drivers see more, do more, and drive more safely on the road.
- Forward Collision Warning – When an impending forward collision is detected, a warning will be issued to the driver to take swift action.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – Front sensors detect when an oncoming vehicle is dangerously approaching the Accord and can automatically engage the brakes in order to prevent an impact.
- Lane Departure Warning – If the Accord rolls over lane lines without a signal change, this system will warn the driver to correct the steering.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – If the Lane Departure Warning goes unheeded, this system can nudge the steering to bring the Accord back into the center of the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow – Drivers select a desired speed and distance interval with the vehicle ahead and this system works to keep the Accord within the natural flow of traffic.
- Traffic Sign Recognition System – This system recognizes upcoming traffic signs and will notify the driver of what’s ahead.
More Safety Features Throughout the Trim Levels
As drivers explore the upper trim levels, even more safety features become available, including a navigation system that can guide drivers to their destination and uses voice-recognition technology so drivers can input directions safely without having to take their hands off the wheel.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
- Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Monitor
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition
- Head-Up Display